Empowered by the Holy Spirit,
we share the unconditional love of Christ
through serving our community.
At Immanuel Lutheran Church our faith is built around a strong belief in God as made known to us in Jesus Christ. Through worship, service, and education, we practice our faith, grow in our relationship with God, and experience God's grace in our lives.
We hold to the historic beliefs of the Christian church. We declare with Christians around the globe the proclamation of faith as expressed in the Apostles' Creed.
- God's Love: We believe God is involved in our daily lives and cares about us.
- God's Grace: We believe a person comes into relationship with God by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Bible: We believe the Bible is the Word of God. It guides our beliefs and actions, and reveals Jesus Christ to us.
- Sacraments: We believe that God meets us with the presence of Christ in Baptism and Holy Communion.
- Church: We believe Christians of all faiths and confessions are one in Christ and called to work together to accomplish God's purposes on earth.
- Humanity: We believe all people are loved by God and should be treated with dignity and respect, and "loved as Christ first loved us."
- The World: We believe the world is God's good creation, and that all people are called to preserve its resources and share its abundance.
- Eternity: We believe that there is life beyond this life, the eternal hope revealed to us in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We live in the light of this hope, and share this Good News with others through our words and actions.
- Stewardship: We believe everything we are and own belongs to God. We use our gifts to further God's good purpose in this world.
Vision Statement of Immanuel Lutheran Church
- WORSHIP: To provide inspirational worship services using traditional and contemporary sources that allow members and visitors to experience the love and joy of God, and to offer a place of religious sanctuary and support.
- EDUCATION: To be biblically and theologically informed to ground us in our Christian faith through thought-provoking, theologically-oriented sermons and strong educational programs for children, youth and adults.
- SERVICE: To empower members of our church to be involved in a variety of congregational, community, social ministry, and global church activities in innovative ways, including partnerships with others in the community.
- INCLUSION: To welcome persons of all origins and backgrounds to participate in our Lutheran worship services and our congregational activities.
- OUTREACH: To reach out through worship, education, service, and fellowship activities to the entire community, collaborating where possible with other churches.